Sunday, December 22, 2013

Winter Songs

There are two types of people who listen to Holiday or Christmas music, those who enjoy hearing twenty different version of "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas," and those that only enjoy ten versions. If you're one of those that only enjoys ten versions like me, you occasionally have to take a foray during the winter season to listen to something else. Here is my playlist of songs that I love to hear during the winter.

I put this song on another blog recently, but I just find it very captivating and lovely. It makes me feel like I'm walking down a short path with snow falling and landing on my eyelashes.

Sonos White Winter Hymnal



I'll be your harvester of light. I love everything about this song but that particular line makes me swoon.

Winter Song by Ingrid Michaelson and Sara Bareilles



Because you can't have enough sad and slow songs by female musicians, I give you, Joni Mitchell. Apparently people have already heard of her, but I'm still excited about her.

River by Joni Mitchell



Lest you think I only listen to songs by female artists I'm including this song, which exists at the front of one of our playlists and that is the perfect way to open up a Christmas music listening time, by saying, hey, not every Christmas song needs to be Santa Baby.

30 Days by Never Shout Never



I realize the title is Autumn Fallin. However, the snow is up to her knees. I mean, it snows once every ten years where I grew up. We're calling this a winter song.

Autumn Fallin' by Jaymay



How many years in a row did I turn this song on and belt out "maybe this year will be better than the last."

A Long December by Counting Crows



He's thinking about, Winter, very softly, as he thinks about everything.

Winter by Joshua Radin



I once saw Rosie Thomas as an opener for a concert. She is a lovely singer.

Much Farther to Go by Rosie Thomas






1 comment:

  1. one station started playing christmas music 24/7 the day after thanksgiving...
    talk about hearing the same song sung 25 different ways...ugh!

    ReplyDelete