Monday, November 23, 2009

Stalking


S and I spent the evening putting together a bed from IKEA. This largely consisted of S asking for tools from me while I begged to be allowed to back to the basement to watch my recorded episodes of V. We (the term is obviously being used pretty loosely) successfully put together the beginning of the frame and now our guest bedroom.

I hold unpopular opinions about IKEA. That is, despite being a newbie to the realm of house shopping and furniture buying, I sort of hate IKEA. I don't like putting together furniture. I don't like walking through the store and being overwhelmed by the fact that everything is for sale. I do like that birds live in the rafters at IKEA. I like that when you put together a piece of IKEA furniture it looks just like the real thing but doesn't cause your back to go out when you lift it.

After putting together the bed.

S: That bed looks too big in there.
M: (Blogging).
S: Can you help me put this bed caddy corner?
M: Are you doing it because you need to or are you just futzing around?
S: I'll just go do it myself and break my back.
M: Remember, lift with your lower back. The legs are weak.

It was nice to receive an e-mail from a friend this week congratulating us on our new home. Now, this friend doesn't read my blog or check our facebook statuses, but he found out anyway. Why? Well, he attached the link to this decidedly more creepy and less entertaining blog about DC housing.

http://dc.blockshopper.com/news/story/1700045131-Environmental_policy_analyst_buys_Manor_Park_home,

While it was nice to know that we actually bought our home in Manor Park, and here I'd been telling people Brightwood, I was a bit disturbed to find a pictures of yours truly painting away in his yellow room. The picture was lifted from this very blog. Which, if you click on the external link and then click on Mr. Bertaina (I would prefer that everyone now start calling me that so that I can say, "Mr. Bertaina, that's my dad. Call me sir.") and it takes you back to this blog. It's an incredibly insidious loop that keeps leading you back to the blog. Thank you strange other blog.

Note: Please disregard all the information in the enclosure link as it's drastically wrong and just in bad form. It may not all be wrong, but I've been asked to keep all of our financial records a secret. The last time this happened I wound up burying all of our savings in the backyard and making a map to it. Apparently that is not exactly whas S had in mind. Women.

I look forward to raking more leaves this weekend while the neighbor's dog/death wolf growls and barks at me until I retreat inside to the comfort of my cold dark home. Yay!

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHA that is the creepiest article I've ever seen. My favorite part is the sattelite view of your house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My second favorite part is that there's no mention of you in the title.

    Seriously, this article is the gift that keeps on giving. I want to print it out and have it framed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i assume the word ikea is swedish or denmarkian
    and translated means
    "here you put it together"
    just a muse....

    ReplyDelete