Sunday, December 7, 2014

Christmas is coming. It's time to make lists.

Top ten gifts I've ever received.




1) That time I got the G.I. Joe, or was it a Cobra plane. Except, guess what? Mom found out that we sneaked into her room and looked at gifts and she returned it. I don't remember whether this actually happened or not. However, having a Cobra themed airplane to destroy all of the other G.I. Joe's is probably as good as it's going to get.The only thing better thing better than a present is having a present taken away.

2) That time I got a puppy. I jest. I never got a puppy. But, imagine if I had, I would have been all like, "how can we take care of this animal with a conscience with all of those starving people in foreign countries? Now leave me alone, I'm playing PS2.

3) Sega CD. Oh, what's that you say? Nobody has a Sega CD? I did. Imagine skydiving from the moon into the earth's atmosphere without burning up, and also, you're flying a dragon. That's what it was like to have a Sega CD. Only better.

4) Hot Wheels. Any year. I spent most of my childhood racing cars down my driveway, and the year I got that little hot rod that could race all the way down to the gutter was one of the best of my life. However, by the end of the day, as the car rolled for the twentieth time down into the gutter I realized that it could never happen again; this was as good as it could get. Life has been mostly downhill since that moment though I think good things might happen in the nursing home gambling ring that I'm hoping to start in my 80's.

5) That time my wife surprised me with tickets to Europe. I mean, it hasn't happened yet, but I'm pretty sure she's planning it. She's planning it right? Yes? Yes? Oh, then I guess those pajama pants from 02.

6) That year I got a hand-me-down Transformer. I think it was Rewind. He had some tapes that he could kick out on demand and, uh, that was pretty awesome, because where did those effing tapes come from? His chest. How? Black magic.

7) T-Rex. Need I say more. Dinosaurs were invented by God to make little boys happy during childhood. Now imagine getting a giant one that eats all the other puny ones. This is all before the T-Rex revolution when it was decided that he would fall over all the time or invite other dinosaurs over for tea rather than eat them. Stupid fossil records.

8) First pre-Christmas when I got that little tiny bear named Apples. Apples was my boon companion and even made it to college with me, Woody style. However, he has since, disappeared, sadness engulfs my soul.

9) That time I got Snake Eyes. Snake Eyes is a ninja. Ninjas are probably the greatest thing invented by humanity. Or at least my Halloween costume from the ages of 3-9 would have you believe. At some point in my life I hope I learn how to fire those ninja stars around corners. It's important to have goals. 

10)You. 


2 comments:

  1. so 10 days I made lists, went shopping for 5 hours on Thursday and Friday (made target,toys r us, kohls,barnes and noble, and sports authority much richer) and then spent 6 hours wrapping on Saturday....my gift
    severe carple tunnel..double braces!!

    ReplyDelete