Thursday, March 13, 2014

Her Response

Her response was sent four days later.

                I hadn’t really thought about whether I’m lonely or not. I suppose I don’t spend enough time dwelling on things to ever have it come up. I think this is kind of callous sounding or something, but maybe the anecdote is just to stay busy. Don’t sit around thinking about those people or whether or not you’re lonely and you probably won’t be lonely. I know that makes me sound simple, but I believe in the power of positive thinking.

David and I are having the best time that we’ve had in months. Being around him, even for a few days, reminds me that he’s the sort of person that I could spend a lifetime with, which seems kind of crazy to say at my age. Like, the other day, he just called me in the middle of the day, when he had this tiny little break at work, just to say that he was thinking of me. It’s nice to feel special, to feel loved. Have you ever felt that? If not, you’ll love it when it happens.

I think I understand what you are saying about living in the west. The feeling of the place is cavernous. It makes you want to write big poems about the grandeur of the soul. Out east, everything seems a bit more insular. I’m not sure which is better. 

1 comment:

  1. if you want a rainbow, you have to put up with the rain

    ReplyDelete