Friday, September 24, 2010

Things I said or enjoyed

(Crossing the street when the light is green for oncoming traffic but cars still seem far enough away to go)

M: Come on. You're pregnant let's risk it. (Takes hand of S)

(Moments later)

S: I wish I had a dollar for every time you said, "you're pregnant, let's risk it."

M: Did I say that?

S: Yes.

M: Oh. I probably shouldn't say that.

I could watch mascots fighting each other all night long.



No really, I could.



After reading a piece in the Atlantic.

M: I think of myself as a young and unsuccessful Joe Biden.

S: Eh.

Other conversations related to S feeling uncomfortable in the latter stages of pregnancy and feeling better after doing yoga stretches. Unfortunately, people doing yoga stretches in public look weird. S protested that she should be able to stretch if she wanted coming out with this gem.

S: Sometimes at work I just want to get down on my hands and knees and do a pelvic tilt.

M: I'm kind of glad that hasn't happened because it would probably change the parameters or our relationship.

S: It's a yoga move. I guess that did sound kind of bad.

M: Yeah, that's probably not one you're going to want to repeat.

1 comment:

  1. the ohio bobcat mascot was not even a student!!
    joe biden sr or joe biden jr???
    pelvic tilt in the office???
    so what does freud say about "pregnant so lets risk it"?
    your enjoyment is boundless.....

    ReplyDelete