Thursday, July 7, 2011

Articles of Interest

A Swiss political party is in the midst of attempting to ban power point. Essentially because power point is a big waste of everyone's time. They claim that it costs the country 2.5 billion in productivity every year.

In principle, I'm whole heartedly in agreement with the company. I can't remember the last time I was at a good Power Point presentation. Granted my job doesn't include a lot of Power Point. However, despite some people thinking that this Swiss party is insane for attempting to ban Power Point, I'd counter that they haven't gone far enough.

Can you imagine the loss in productivity that happens every year by sending people to work in general. How do you quantify all of those sculptures that aren't being made, gardens that aren't being tended to, children mucking about with nannies. I estimate the cost of lost productivity around infinity billion dollars.



Damn subliminal messages. Anyhow, the point is that it's almost unimaginable the amount of productivity that I lose when someone talks to me about a thing like workflow. Or asks me if I have any new ideas about how to create some more synergy in the office. How much productivity is lost when the American worker is trying to translate their innocuous office work into corporate speak to impress others.

Filed turns into: Facilitated organizational verisimilitude through the handling and dispersion of important documenation.

Kissed my bosses ass turns into: Formulated harmonious relationships in the work environment, allowing a cooperative and team-oriented atmosphere to develop organically.

Did the same thing day in and day out: Worked in a dynamic office environment, engaged in team building exercises, motivated a staff of ten employees, participated in external training to enhance professional development.




I mean, consider how much money is being lost here. It's got to be in the trillions or maybe even the millions. Hell, I can't even begin to consider without nearly weeping all the productivity that's been lost while I've been at work. I probably could have written the next great American novel.




Well, I don't suppose that you can change the entire world in a day. If you could, it would probably be accomplished by abolishing work because of the billions in lost productivity. Be sure to vote for me in the next election. I may not know how an "economy works," but I know brinkmanship, and what it could possibly mean. I think it has to do with ocean currents. So, yeah, stop losing all that productivity at work.

1 comment:

  1. the movie OFFICE SPACE is alive and well!!!!

    now how about...
    1. challenges- not problems
    2. glide path which means things are under control or under budget
    3. my tool kit- a way to increase your power
    4. moving forward-we have had setbacks but the future will be better
    5. growing the pie-adding revenue!
    6. leveraging resources which means we have no money!
    7. consensus of management=dictator

    time to return to my "workflow" WTF!!!!!
    one of the adds is for
    Work Appraisal Software"-OMG

    ReplyDelete