Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Tuesdays without Sadie

Baby race. If it's not clear from the video I'm merely encouraging Sadie to run a good race. Mind you, after she completed her losing effort I let her know that just being in the competition was enough of a reward and that winning doesn't really matter, except to me, which is how she'll earn my love.



As I'm certain I've mentioned before the little urchin has been trilling for a few weeks in lieu of proper babbling. I don't entirely know where she picked it up. S is trying to claim credit, but I'm inclined to think that it's just further proof that people are the descendants of dinosaurs or birds or something.



We've let s know that we expect her to pay her own way through college. With that in mind we've an expectation that she'll probably go as an opera singer as the scholarships for opera singers are known to be plentiful. I can tell that s has been feeling a bit of pressure, and has, as a result, begun practicing on our time as well as hers. I think she's going to at least get in to JC.

1 comment:

  1. full agreement..
    no one remembers who finished in 2nd place
    vegas does not pay out to losers
    the reward is NOT the competition it is the
    ENDORSEMENTS!!
    "wow, i finished 2nd in a two man race" just
    does not have the desired effect..

    i see a drummer not an opera singer- many
    more scholarships available for drumming?

    ReplyDelete