Thursday, October 15, 2015

Best 10 Songs of 2015



It's getting to be fall, which means you only have a small amount of time to roll your windows down and listen to music. These ten songs all need to be listened to at obscene volumes while your windows are rolled down and people in the car next to you are watching you go through what appears to be a fit but what is actually you dancing and singing and maybe pumping your fist.


Imaginary Future-I Knew This Would Be Love

If you've known me a while, you know that this is virtually the only kind of song that I listened to for years--guy strumming slowly on the guitar, singing about love lost or gained, sometimes incorporating a piano, hopefully evoking a memory of rain and cities left behind. Goodbye to all the cities, parks lined with oaks, street cars, painted ladies, drifts of snow and all that I've left behind.



Catfish and the Bottlemen-Cocoon (Explicit)

By my estimation, everyone has at one point in time had a crush or relationship with a person who their friends didn't like. I think roughly 100 percent of the time. You know who never gives two shi-s? The person in the relationship. Also, this is the first of many songs that you should turn up.



Milo Greene-Lie to Me

Great song from open to close. Let's dance a little bit.  You know I love to go out.



The Fool-Ryn Weaver

I don't want this song to be as good as it is. But really, it's fantastic. I'm obsessed with the part at the end when the song starts sounding like a CD skipping. This electronically infused song is peak Frou, Frou. If you get a ride home with me sometime, let's turn the volume up to 30. Remember when someone reminds you that you need your hearing for life that you also need to enjoy the spaces that take you there.



A Single Pill-Say Geronimo

Opening chord to ending, just a damn pleasure. Can you feel the sun breaking through some clouds, or maybe that time you went to a foreign country and hiked to a waterfall or stared at a piece of art until it felt like maybe this is exactly where you belonged. 



Coffee-Miguel


It's okay to boy your head a little bit. And hey, I enjoy a good coffee in the morning as well. Granted this song is an edit of the original, which is a tad more explicit. But this is a head shaking lovely piece of music about morning sex or coffee.



Wild-Troye Sivan

Oh look, did we stumble across something hot? Let's snap our fingers a little bit. 



I'm Ready-Twin Shadow

This song is like three different songs wrapped in one. It's cool. It's earnest. The guitar pops then we get some talking over, which everyone loves. Such a good song.




Go-The Chemical Brothers (explicit...but just for one word. Listen to it)

Let's all, everyone I've ever known. Let's go to Barcelona and dance all night underneath some strobe lights. And if you think I'm kidding, just remember that I love you. 



Sedona-Houndmouth

Guys! Guys! If you can memorize any of these songs, maybe do this one because it was meant to shout along to. And if you can prove to me in a ten second quiz that you know the words I'll give you a ride to wherever you want to go, and we can look out at the sunset over the water, over the mountains, over the bare limbs of trees and sing together until we've shaken off these goddamn skins that keep us tied down to this world.









No comments:

Post a Comment