Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Light Bulbs and tanks

Let's talk about light bulbs. Why? Because light bulbs are the most interesting thing in the world. Can you remember how many dam- times you heard the name Thomas Edison? Me too. That's because Thomas Edison ate light bulbs and excreted beams of light when he went to the bathroom. You don't believe me just check the Wikipedia entry I just changed. Anyhow, I read an interesting article about light bulbs that you should also read. Remember, if you're like, why the hel- should I read an article about light bulbs that somewhere Thomas Edison is watching, and he is probably angry and maybe the Norse god of lightning. Hey, this article just points out another reason that government is awesome. Government is awesome because it allows us to legislate things like climate change and fuel efficiency standards, which are important to legislate because as we've proved in American we'd all like our houses lit up like Christmas trees with classic light bulbs, and then we'd like to drive our Ford F-150 forty miles to work and then bitch about gas prices. Ie, we don't make good choices. Hell, I don't make good choices. I wouldn't be caught dead with that crappy compact florescent griming up my reading space with its low quality light, and I'd trade in my hybrid in an instant if someone would trade me a tank for it.
Yeah, that's right, when you're a mayor in Lithuania, and you don't like where a car is parked you can run that shi- over with a tank. I'd also like to take the opportunity to announce my candidacy for mayor of Lithuania. A lot of people are probably thinking, wait, Lithuania has towns or hamlets or some shi- like that, you can't just run for mayor of Lithuania, Andrew. Guess what? You're either with me or you're getting run over by a tank.

1 comment:

  1. when do the "new bulbs" take effect???2015
    several states plan to sue- keep those bulbs around or buy them on the black market!
    you CANT be mayor of a whole country but mayor of a city in that country!
    whats that...the sound of a tank...aaaahhh!!

    ReplyDelete