Friday, September 16, 2011

Sometimes

When you're a bit down because of the cold and the way the trees are already changing it's probably best to just turn up some music.



Okay, now that we've done that let's move on with the day. Signs you've gotten yourself a degree that can't pay for itself.

S: Stop saying that word.

M: No I think jackass is just a colloquialism for donkey.

S: No jackass isn't the colloquialism, ass is.

M: I was just seeing if I could get you to misuse colloquialism. I baited you into it... I may also be depressed. I'm not sure that trying to bait people into misusing colloquialism is a good thing.

MSN article: Are aliens sending messages via black holes?

I'll save you the trouble. Probably. That being said, Morgan Freeman does narrate this vid, and that's reason enough for watching. I'm kind of thinking of becoming a physicist, parallel universes, multiverse etc, or maybe just doing lots of drugs and living in a van. I'm not sure that my ideas would be that dissimilar from a physicist. No wonder people watch reality television instead. This shi- is crazy. At least reality tv makes sense. Don't click on this MSN article because you'll find yourself watching a video about how long the sun is going to last, and you'll end up worrying yourself about what we'll do in a few billion years, and it's just not worth it on a Friday night. Unless Morgan Freeman narrates it w/ his bad ass earring.

Sorry, I got distracted when I went over to MSN and discovered Wonderwall. I don't know if you know what Wonderwall is, but it's amazing. It's kind of a dumbed down version of Entertainment Tonight for internet goers, and I think what we need more of in our lives is a dumbed down ET. I want to go on a real rant here, inspired by this Lindsay Lohan thing I saw today on the facebooks, but I just don't have it in me. Okay, let's try. It's weird to now have all these "stars" who are held in such contempt. I mean, what does that say? Does it say anything? It's not so much that we are trying to tarnish stars, but rather, the contempt seems confusingly wedded with the adulation. I don't know. It's creepy. That said, I'll be tuning in and betting on The Bachelor per usual.

S: What would you say is your love language?

M: Listening.

S: What do you think mine is?

M: Acts of service

S: (Mops the floor)

M: You're good at being busy.

S: I'm the best at it. No I'm not. I just want to sit around and play video games.

M: I guess there are better things to do with your time than play video games. But it's certainly better than some things, like cleaning.

S: (Mops the floor).



We drove down the highway in the dark. Neither of us were talking. The night sounds of insects came to us through the thick folds of the dark. Actually, I'm recalling it with the sort of imprecision that is characteristic of me. She was saying something, but I wasn't really listening. The ribbon of headlights show the dark road, wreathed by bits of horsetail and grass. But that's neither here nor there. I was thousands of miles away from there anyhow. I was walking down a cobbled street in a slight drizzle, mid-morning, grey clouds low slung and thin, in the distance comes the sound of a violin. Just now she is sipping her coffee and reminding me how nice it is to get away.

1 comment:

  1. a degree that does not pay for itself?
    how does one equate this??
    is it money made??$$ value??
    is it the challenges presented or opportunities?
    is it the joy brought from it??
    was it the process of learning and not the degree?
    does the end justify the means??
    is it better to be intelligent and poor rather than rich and dumb??

    ReplyDelete