Friday, October 16, 2009

Friday night lights!

Nothing like a forty degree drizzly day to perk up the spirits. I might as well live in London if this is the sort of fall weather we'll be in for. I celebrated not closing on the house by dressing up for work today. Since my job is pretty much casual every day, I think I'm going to institute not casual Fridays. Quite frankly, I think my idea is way cooler than casual Friday's. Not casual Friday's encourage people to dress nicely and impress their co-worker's who probably mistake them for a homeless person the other four days of the week.

8:30-8:48 A.M. Alternatively tuck and untuck the collared shirt underneath my sweater wondering what looks the best. If I let it hang out in the front does it look casually cool or like I'm wearing a skirt? Skirts are really comfortable though. End up tucking the shirt in and deciding to roll my sleeves up a little. Can I wear grey shoes with a red shirt? I don't think so but it's counteracted by this black sweater. Note: It was about this point in my getting ready ritual that I determined not causal Friday's to be a colossal mistake. The other four days of the week when I don't think about what I'm wearing at all were far less stressful. Once I start thinking about how I'm dressed I pretty much turn into a teenage girl. That's why the t-shirt and jeans look is always the best for me. It helps me keep my sanity.

9-3 P.M.-Walk around work noticing that not everyone got my e-mail about not casual Fridays. Perhaps because I didn't mention it to any of them. However, I still hold it against them on principle. Their is nothing more annoying than someone not doing something that you haven't even told them to do. They should have intuited it.

M: People don't like it when I blog about depressing things. Don't people like to read about the way that rain falls from trees.
S: People like it when you are funny.
M: Yeah, but life isn't like that. Mostly it's kind of boring and then you have these moments when you realize what an absurd theater it all is.
S: I like it when you're funny.
M: I'm so depressed.
S: Say something funny.
M: You're just like that old lady on the bus who Lee K. Abbott told us about who doesn't give a crap about what story we "need" to tell. What he didn't mention is that that lady is an idiot.
S: When are you going to be funny? You're about to lose a reader.
M: I'm so depressed.

Conduct conversations with contractors about refinishing the floors of a home that we don't own. I think as a good faith gesture we should just have the floors redone for the seller. Perhaps that might help her sell it a second time when she actually has the title. Zing!

Other things that upset me. I don't like it when we buy expensive milk from the dairy and then S drinks it. S points out that this is for all intents and purposes insane and that we actually bought the milk in order to be consumed. I on the other hand, consider the milk to be a precious commodity to be doled out sparingly like a woman arriving at a miner's camp. Thank you fourth grade history class. If you find yourself craving a nice glass of milk with your cookies, why not try water? It's almost like fat free milk.

S: Everyone poops.
M: Yeah, but not everyone eats their own poop.
S: Good point. Wait, what the heck are you talking about?
M: I wish I knew.

1 comment:

  1. poop ,has lots of protein...
    lost sailors drink their own urine...
    gorillas throw poop at unsuspecting touristas..

    ReplyDelete