Sunday, October 18, 2009

The future? It's hot.


I'm hoping that this week we actually get to become owners. We're tantalizingly close to the eighties montage painting scene that I've already got a pair of jeans with paint on them. I'm encouraged by the vague promises of as of yet uncovered paper trails that we shouldn't have a problem closing sometime in the next millennium.

Kidding. I actually think we'll be closing soon enough. So soon, that in addition to the paint stained jeans, I an also already hear S's voice coming down the stairs. "Honey, can you come help unload the dish washer?" And I can already see my hand going over to the remote and turning it up ever so slightly to avoid all exterior noise. Basements are awesome!

I've also been suggesting that we paint the brick on the exterior of hour house. Apparently one of the great things about owning a brick house is that you don't have to paint it. However, the vague idea, reinforced by seeing well-coordinated painted brick homes in Dupont Circle, leads me to believe that it is a good idea. Mind you, I've no intention of ever actually painting the bricks myself, but I look forward to pestering S with the idea for the next seven years and pointing out during that time every house with painted brick that looks good.

In other news I tried to put together a video montage of our housing search. This video would have consisted of a bunch of pictures of cabinets, closets, and me looking vaguely displeased in various spaces. The blog however did not allow me to upload the fancy windows movie maker video. And, as I know next to nothing about technology (what is it?) I have forfeited my right to post to the blogging gods. I think it's fairly safe to say that an elaborate system of blog gods will probably be formed in about 200 years or so. Give or take a nuclear fall out or two. (You must forgive the dire tone of the above entry as I've just started watching BSG. The future looks pretty damn bleak. Though we're all either old and grizzled capatins or hot. Needless to say, the future can't come soon enough.

3 comments:

  1. you need paint stained jeans
    paint stained LONG sleeved shirt
    and dont forget painters cap!!
    be careful of paint splatter on your glasses!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another BSG addict in the making. Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you like BSG. Call us when you get to the series finale cause I want to watch it again.

    ReplyDelete