Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Headed South

This will mark my first trip South of the Mason-Dixon save for a few driving excursions in which I used the southern states for fast food and urinal stops. I'll be driving in from beautiful San Antonio home of.....the Spurs? I'm excited because I'll be traveling by car to the metro, then from the metro to a train, then to a plane, then to a rental car place to finish up in Austin. I'm trying to see if I can fit a riverboat cruise into the trip somehow. Ideas?

In other, and far less important news we're currently bartering on a house that we offered on. I didn't realize that trying to buy a home was like buying quilt squares at an outdoor market but apparently it is. It's also a bit like playing a game of really high stakes poker. Anyhow, we're pretty new to this whole process, and I think the owner is bluffing, Steph thinks he isn't, and I'm not even sure about the whole home buying thing. The whole process is mentally exhausting in the sort of way that it just makes you want to get it over with, which isn't the best motivation for getting a house. If anyone knows of a shrink who works specifically with home buyers let me know.

S: What are you up to?
M: Fantasy football draft.
(Minutes of silence).
S: I'm not ready for football season.
M: What? It's been like nine months since football season ended. You could have already had a baby.
S: I forget how much attention you pay to football.
M: Shhhhhhhhh.......I'm drafting.

Wish me luck in San Antonio, for all I know I may come back as the proud owner of a well, not brand new, but new to me house!

3 comments:

  1. You know D.C. is south of the Mason-Dixon line, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny,

    The Mason-Dixon line is in whatever arbitrary place that I put it. Metro DC is in no way shape or form south of the Mason Dixon. However, parts of rural Northern California definitely are. I can draw you a map some other time. Right now I've got an alarm to set for 5:45 A.M. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was about to point out that dc is south of the mason dixon line, but i see that i've been beaten to the punch. instead i will tell you that the "don't mess with texas" coffee mugs one can buy in the austin airport are really great. it's my favorite mug.

    ReplyDelete