Thursday, August 27, 2009

Woops

Do you remember or have you ever been at a club/picnic/square dance looking at some pretty girl/boy/piece of furniture that appears to be looking right back at you with lustful desire. Or wholesome desire. Or whatever. Then you go over and ask this boy/girl/chimera/chaise lounge chair out on a date/dance and you are firmly rebuffed. It makes no logical sense. Hasn't this person/chair/dragon been making eyes at you all night? What kind of a signal does a no send? It seems to in fact send a no signal. Now you've got to remove the boot from your back and walk back over to your friends/alcohol/dearly beloved wall and pretend like nothing happened.

Friend: How did it go?
M: It could have gone better. It could have gone worse though.

This hasn't happened to me ever either, but imagine if it did.
The analogy never breaks down, but I guess I'll spell it out anyway. After essentially accepting our offer until we pulled it at the last minute the

Interpolation
S: If your sister wanted to move back to the United States could she?
M: Oh yeah.
S: What about Davide.
M: He's married to her. They'd have dual citizenship.
S: Are you sure?
M: I'm as sure about that as I am about which way North is.
S: Which way would you guess?
M: (slight pause to consider) Up.
S: No really. Which way?
M: Does the moon set in the east or the west?

The sellers, after accepting the identical offer a mere four days ago rejected our offer. Thank you very much Michelle wherever you are. I mean, how do you eat lunch with a guy for two weeks straight even asking him to go get a pretzel with you. A pretzel and then....I've let it go. The lesson here is that it's not wise to piss off the seller. Apparently they weren't excited about getting into bed with us again only to discover that we weren't really sold on the whole idea. Now we're looking at "cute" places in the city. Can I use quotes there?

This means that the party invite list will have to be dropped from the original ten down to five, and you may be asked to bring something and turn it into a potluck sort of get together. We're going to serve mixed drinks, but they will probably be watered down a bit. Sorry.

If anybody has any housing suggestions for the DC area please send them my way. Or, if you own any maps that have a big red X where you've hidden your life savings please send them my way. I'd just be interested in looking at the details you'd drawn. I love nothing so much as something done nicely to proper scale. I wouldn't touch your money.

Conversations overheard in the gym.

Guy 1 to girl: Yeah, but walking with good posture makes you look like a douche. (Begins walking rather douchishly to illustrate point).

Girl 1: I'm thinking of eating less, so that I don't have to work out so much.
Girl 2: I can't even afford to buy food.
Girl 1: I really think anorexia is going to allow me to spend a lot less time in the gym.
M: (Look on in amazement).

No comments:

Post a Comment